Macadamia Natural Oil "No Tangle Styler Brush" Review

Tired of tangles? Is your hair feeling like a beast? Well, here's solution for you! Just recently I received the No Tangle Styler Br...


Tired of tangles? Is your hair feeling like a beast? Well, here's solution for you! Just recently I received the No Tangle Styler Brush by Macadamia Natural Oil! I was actually planning on purchasing a detangler brush, but never got around to it until now.



On their website the brush retailed around 15$ and its claims are:

"The No Tangle Brush utilizes a unique “flex bristle” design that gently diffuses tangles and knots, painlessly and safely detangling your hair. The remarkable bristles eliminate pulling, split-ends and breakage.

The No Tangle brush is so gentle that cuticle damage is minimized, helping protect the vibrancy, shine and longevity of colour treated hair."

In the package that was given to me, it came with the brush itself, along with a pamphlet of their products and a sample size of their deep repair oil. I haven't tried out their oil since I'm trying to finish my other treatment oils; one from Organix which is their moroccan argan oil and the other from Marc Anthony is the same as the Organix one. However, I am a huge fan of their deep repair masque because of the amazing treatment it gave to my hair. It moisturizes and leaves it less brittle and dry, as well as it rejuvenates the hair back to its natural state giving it a less damaged look. What I'm not a fan of is how it retails for around 32$ at the drug store, though I must say you get what you pay seeing as a little bit of the product does the job right.




First and foremost, the type of hair I have is thick, coarse, dry, and coloured (fun fact: dyed it since I was in the 6th grade) In addition to that, my insides of my hair tend to get tangled all the time. When I shower, the back portion of my hair and the insides give me the worse tangles. It then leads me to stress and I get so irritated when I have to brush my hair. I bolded the word 'brush' because technically you shouldn't be  brushing your hair when it's wet because if you do, you'll just allow breakage and damage to your hair completely. However, when I use a comb, it literally takes me 10-20 mins just to get through my damp hair and I have no patience for that especially when I have places to go or tasks to do. So I end up brushing my hair and it’s not in a gentle manner. Trust me I'm aware that I'm just damaging it, but it was the only way to remove the knots and get on with my day! (Honest to goodness, if my hair cooperated–I'd totally comb it with ease) 






Moving onto the brush itself, the structure of it is what I describe as a 'comma-looking' kind of paddle in the colour scheme of their brand. Their bristles are in fact flexible, just like they'd describe on its description and the handle of it is a bit short at the end—so the way I would grip the paddle is by its wholesome self for better grip and stability when brushing your hair. Now at first I was skeptical cause it seems the bristles would break since its flimsy, thin, and flexible and in comparison to my hair which is dry, thick and coarse—I thought it would be serve as a problem and that one prick would totally break off—but it was the exact opposite. 

When I brushed through my damp hair, it felt similar to brushing my hair with a paddle brush, but the only difference is that this didn't hurt at all— wasn't even frustrated and it went smoothly nor did I have to apply too much force when I brushed through it. You will encounter knots that would have to get brushed a few times and with a bit more force (but like i said before not too much), but it didn't hurt at all compared to when you do it with a regular paddle brush. Plus the time consumption when I used both of the brushes shows a huge difference. It took me under ten minutes to untangle my hair, compared with the latter. Lastly, it picked up hair just like any brush would, BUT....it's easier to remove and mind you it seems to be less strands of hair than usual. When I tested it on dry hair, it was the easiest way to brush my hair less than minutes. You just focus on the knots and tangles that you have and then you’re good to go. It didn’t take long, it didn’t hurt and my hair turned out great.

Overall, I'd say this product hella works! If 15$ for a brush isn’t cutting for you, I did find dupes at Winners for around less than 10$ (around 8.99). You don’t have to get the exact same one, as long as it does the job like these detangler brushes are honestly a life saver. xo Ashley 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Nice blog post If you are searching for the quality mineral asphalt Topseal Emulsion is a premium asphalt sealer that keeps your asphalt looking good while extending its life.

    ReplyDelete